Friday, March 18, 2011

Distracted

So, I've been distracted today by another idea that I came up with. I wanted to get everything in my head down so I made up a notes sheet. Then I didn't want to stop so I made a big huge generic outline with like 40 points in it. Then I decided to knock out my daily word count on this new side project just to see if it was still going to be interesting after 1000 words.

I liked it. I think I will like writing the next chapters a bit more as the first only really had one character in it, but that's one of the things I like most about this new idea. The character scope is much smaller, the setting is way smaller, and it's in a modern era. It may actually be easier to do this first than my original project. I will have to knock out a few more words to see if this new thing starts shaping in to something cool.

In other news, I'm reading Switched by Amanda Hocking on my Kindle just to see what all the fuss is about. It's about a girl who is really a troll (or trylle?) and she was switched with a human baby when she was born. It should be an interesting read, and you know what they say, you can't become a better writer without reading. Amanda's formula clearly works so maybe I will learn something.

Anyways, do you ever get distracted and start working on a second project simultaneously?

No comments:

Post a Comment