Sunday, March 13, 2011

Twelve Days

It's been twelve days since I decided to actually buckle down and start writing a book with the sub-goal of writing 1,000 words a day. I have written over 14,000 words, and I'd like to finish the chapter I am working on today.

Writing 14,000 words may seem like a lot, but when it's distributed out across multiple days it's really not that daunting of a task. No one can eat an entire cow in one sitting, but if you break it down in to burgers and steaks the cow will be gone before you know it.

I started thinking about other things that I will need to do even after my book is finished. I will need to format it for eReaders, and it will need editing. It will also need good cover art, which I can't create on my own, and an excellent description to accompany it's listing on Amazon/B&N/Smashwords. Even after it's published it will need advertising. It's a lot of additional work, but if I break it down in to smaller pieces I'm sure I will finish it before I know it.

We'll have to see how big of an advertising platform I can turn Facebook in to. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment