Friday, March 4, 2011

Google Docs to the Rescue!

So I was sitting at work earlier, and a really great idea for the first chapter of my book came to mind. The problem is that my work is all on my MacBook Pro which is at home. I considered just putting the file on a flash drive, but my flash drive is encrypted in a way Mac doesn't understand, and if I want to update those chapter thoughts at some point I have to transfer the file again.

After a minute or two I realized I could just create a Google Document. I'm sure most of you know this, but in case you don't, if you have a Google account you have access to their documents portal (docs.google.com). This document is saved to a location that you can get to anywhere as long as you're logged in to a Google account. All I have to do to copy my notes in to Scrivener later is to open the web document on my laptop which is already logged in to Google.

For those of you that didn't know about this Google portal it can come in very handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment