Thursday, March 17, 2011

Fight Scenes!

Everyone loves when their book opens with an awesome fight scene. You know what's cooler than reading a fight scene though? Writing one! In the scenes I was working on this morning before work I made it through some of the pre-conflict, and started the battle, but I ran out of time and had to start work.

Man do I want to finish that fight scene! I can already tell that these are going to be places that I go back over with a fine tooth comb in my revisions. I want them to be perfect. I want the reader to feel exactly what a character feels when they are fighting.

I still think that this chapter will be able to hit 5,000 words. It's sitting at around 2,200 right now, and the fighting has really just begun. I will probably work on it later even though I have already hit my daily writing goal. It should be an interesting chapter

What makes a fight scene cool to you? Lots of cool ways in which people die? Being able to envision the scene perfectly?

No comments:

Post a Comment