Thursday, March 17, 2011

Fight Scenes!

Everyone loves when their book opens with an awesome fight scene. You know what's cooler than reading a fight scene though? Writing one! In the scenes I was working on this morning before work I made it through some of the pre-conflict, and started the battle, but I ran out of time and had to start work.

Man do I want to finish that fight scene! I can already tell that these are going to be places that I go back over with a fine tooth comb in my revisions. I want them to be perfect. I want the reader to feel exactly what a character feels when they are fighting.

I still think that this chapter will be able to hit 5,000 words. It's sitting at around 2,200 right now, and the fighting has really just begun. I will probably work on it later even though I have already hit my daily writing goal. It should be an interesting chapter

What makes a fight scene cool to you? Lots of cool ways in which people die? Being able to envision the scene perfectly?

1 comment:


  1. If you're a book lover and looking for discounts on various books please go through the
    Abebooks coupons at discounts gravity click on the link Abebooks!
    you can also visit our website for more disocunt offers.
    Visit DISCOUNTSGRAVITY!

    ReplyDelete